I wonder if there are ANY "only children" in the world who are actually happy with being an "only child"?? To my knowledge, I have not met one. This disturbs me! The "only children" that I have met act like it is an act of abuse (from parents) to only have one child. They don't seem to get that having one child can be wonderful! That perhaps it is better than having no child (for the parents and the child).
Do most 'only children' grow up determined to make up for any progress made in overpopulation by producing as many children as possible?? Do they grow up determined to tell anyone else who has an 'only child' how much (with lists of 'why') they hated being one themselves and blah, blah, blah? If so, how can a parent of an 'only child' possibly help their child avoid becoming so warped?
No comments:
Post a Comment