

Trees***
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's hungry breast;
A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;
Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree!
Poetry, A Magazine of Verse
Joyce Kilmer
The Church of Unbent Knees
As I went by the church to-day
I heard the organ cry;
And goodly folk were on their knees,
But I went striding by.
My minister hath a roof more vast:
My aisles are oak-trees high;
My altar-cloth is on the hills,
My organ is the sky.
I see my rood upon the clouds,
The winds, my chanted choir;
My crystal windows, heaven-glazed,
Are stained with sunset fire.
The stars, the thunder, and the rain,
White sands and purple seas--
These are His pulpit and His pew,
My God of Unbent Knees!
- Christopher Morley
I wonder if our daughter has been born yet. . . . If so, I hope she stays warm enough. If you pray, please pray for her and her birth family. . . .
ISA 43:5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.
No comments:
Post a Comment