Pages

4.23.2006

blooming

The azalea bushes in our yard are in bloom. I love the pink ones.
Yesterday, Helen brought over 2 roses and one rose bud ("for Lauren" she said) from our old house. I love those roses. I bought 2 bare root Zephirine Drouhin roses from Wayside Gardens of the same kind and planted them at this house last year. The ones at our old house are blooming better as they are more established. They smell SO good!!

A friend (who loves rose gardening) told me about the Antique Rose Emporium. I noticed that it is in Texas (where I am from). What beautiful rosese they have!! They also have 'my' rose. . . too many roses and not enough sun (in my yard anyway).

***

Life
LIFE, believe, is not a dream,
So dark as sages say;
Oft a little morning rain
Foretells a pleasant day:
Sometimes there are clouds of gloom,
But these are transient all;
If the shower will make the roses bloom,
Oh, why lament its fall?
Rapidly, merrily,
Life's sunny hours flit by,
Gratefully, cheerily,
Enjoy them as they fly.
What though death at times steps in,
And calls our Best away?
What though Sorrow seems to win,
O'er hope a heavy sway?
Yet Hope again elastic springs,
Unconquered, though she fell,
Still buoyant are her golden wings,
Still strong to bear us well.
Manfuly, fearlessly,
The day of trial bear,
For gloriously, victoriously,
Can courage quell dispair!
- Charlotte Brontë

No comments: