Pages

4.09.2006

her crib


Today we bought Lauren's baby crib. It is a Biella Antique White Crib. I have not been in a store exclusively for babies in at least 4 years. I liked a lot of baby cribs - most of them were very dark colored ones. This one was mom's favorite and it was the only light color baby crib that I loved.

As we were going to the checkout counter, mom went over and spoke to a (caucasion) grandmother who was pushing a (Chinese) baby. She motioned me over and I met the mother and grandmother of the baby, Ellie. The mom asked me when I thought we would go to China and I almost couldn't get the words out as too much water started coming in my eyes (and then my voice wouldn't work so strongly). Ellie was adopted in China and has just been home in America for 2 months. Ellie is about 11 months old. She is small but healthy. She came from Nanchang in Hubei province. She was very sick when she was adopted. Her bedmate had pneumonia but fortunately all the babies that were sick in their group were treated and got better. Ellie had some malnutrition and so her 8 little teeth were not in good shape and her mom said they would need to be capped. She didn't know how to sit up when they picked her up in China (maybe due to malnutrition and some delays) - however she is doing fine now!! Very cute little baby girl. It was so cool to meet them.

Mom said we "had to take this [stuffed animal/tigger] to China" for Lauren when we pick her up. . . so of course, we brought him home. We also bought a (very soft!) baby blanket . . . .

No comments: