Pages

6.12.2006

beautiful ruoyi

Leo (Jia Litao) e-mailed me photos of his beautiful daughter, Ruoyi! Leo told me that her name, in English means "Like Him" - I am guessing this is because Leo and his wife and daughter are Christian. These photos were taken June 1, 'Children's Day' in China. Ruoyi will be 3 years old on July 18, 2006. She started learning the Mandarin / Chinese characters when she was 2 years old - as is typical there (there are 5000 Mandarin characters - as compared to our 36 letter alphabet).












***

Hongru Li also sent a reply to my e-mail tonight! She used to live in our city here but moved back to China (the city of Chongqing) early this year. It was sad to see her go - however all their family is there. Both of her parents were killed in a car accident here in the states (U.S.) while she lived here - so that was rough.

I can never seem to get to bed early! I love to stay up and piddle around I guess. . .on the other, hand, maybe I am just preparing myself in the case that Lauren is not the perfect sleeper when she comes home and adjusts to our time immediately.

No comments: