"Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain." -Dave Matthews Band
Although I didn't keep in touch with him when he changed jobs, I considered him to be a friend. I remember his stories - and how he told me that 'tardiness' (for which I can be good at) was his pet peeve. I remember that he called when our baby died to see how we were doing. At one time he treated my father in physical therapy (and my dad really liked him). Well, he died yesterday. He was riding his bike as he did routinely and was hit by a car and carried a ways by a driver who was out of control and would not stop. I can think of no words of comfort for his precious family.
"There are times when silence has the loudest voice."
Leroy Brownlow
Leroy Brownlow
2 comments:
Life at times is about so much sadness and suffering. Reason and logic escape me at times like these. My cousin died the same way 25 years ago, I've never forgotten it.
I, likewise, have not many words to add.
Email if you'd like to chat about it. Hang in there.
Ed's sister was also killed this way (she was 23) - hit and run. Fortunately another car ran into the guy that hit Jeff to stop it. It's such a tragedy. Jeff and his wife, who I worked with years ago, have 3 small daughters. It's like a nightmare - a few seconds and your life becomes a nightmare. I haven't stopped thinking about his family. None of this is right - it should never have happened.
Post a Comment