Pages

8.04.2006

ormond beach, florida


Ormond Beach, Florida
Originally uploaded by gimbelcats.
This is the baby sea turtle that was washed back to the beach finally and was too weak to make it again. We took it to the beach patrol, who then got it to the marine biology center. We were careful not to touch it much. Only 1 in 1000 sea turtles live to adulthood. They can grow to be 300 to 400 pounds.

2 comments:

GLouise said...

I've been to Ormond Beach!

I am glad you could rescue the baby turtle. What a neat picture!

comingaroundagain said...

It was so cool to see the baby turtles. A woman I talked to that morning has been going to this beach since her daughter was little and in the past 8-9 years she's only been able to see the baby turtles one time (and she checks on them each time she's there). This was my first time to this beach.