Pages

12.27.2006

mini-masterpieces

Other than choosing books for myself, my mom is the one other person that does this so well! I also have a co-worker that I've learned of some wonderful books from (and then, of course, had to get my hands on). I am not one that collects too many things (other than shells, rocks - yes, I still like 'pretty rocks' . . . ) except I guess you would say I do this with childrens books (they must meet a certain, possibly subjective criteria). I have enough to start a community library - and my mom gifted me with books this Christmas (yeah!!) - 19 or so really. Of course, I love them all, but here are a few I will mention:

Kite Flying by Grace Lin
Chanukah Lights Everywhere by Michael J. Rosen and illustrated by Melissa Iwai
Room For A Little One - A Christmas Tale by Martin Waddell and illustrated by Jason Cockcroft (illustrations are beautiful and story very sweet).
A Houseful of Christmas by *Barbara Joosse and illustrated by Betsy Lewin (love this book!)
Jingle Bells as told and illustrated by Iza Trapani (one of my most favorite illustrators / story tellers!)

*who is also the author of 'I Love You the Purplest' which I aquired many years ago and love.

***

"Children's books are like mini-masterpeices" - Mary-Lawrence Woodhull 4/4/2006

No comments: