Last Sunday afternoon, Ed and a group of several university students were over at our old house
(rental house) digging another ditch in preparation for the replacement of some sewer lines
(the students didn't agree to this just for fun, they are raising money for a project). I didn't help with digging any ditches. I made 9 loaves of bread
(I'm part hippie). However, when I saw some photos Ed took of all of them digging the ditch, I wondered what they all must have thought of the outdoor shower that is in the back yard of the house
(btw, there is an indoor shower). If I had been one of them, I would have liked to get in the shower because it was a hot day and digging a ditch is not for pansies. Most likely, they thought we were just strange though. I remember seeing an article on outdoor showers in 2 different magazines, one was coastal living
(we don't live on the coast but I miss that) and I thought it would be so cool to have one - so we made one when we lived there
(it was also perfect for bathing our 2 dogs!).

For 10 years, this was one of the views on my way home
(to that house mentioned above) - right across the road from UT Medical Center where my nephew was born. I loved my drive to and from work. It was usually less than 15 minutes and I frequently saw Great Blue Herons
(one of my favorite birds) flying over or in ponds I passed.

I took our dogs
(Amy and Abby) walking this evening. They are such great walking companions. There is a house we pass that has windchimes hanging in one of the trees and I love the sounds it makes. Recently, I aquired a new windchime too!
2 comments:
If I built a house in an even semi-secluded place (some trees, a backyard that was't open to the world, whatever) I'd love to have an outdoor shower. It's so warm here you could use it most of the year.
csl - I loved the outdoor shower (it has hot and cold water). . . .
Post a Comment