Pages

3.11.2007

march weekend

We visited Carpe Librum Booksellers this weekend and in addition to books that I ordered online, I bought 5 more books! One children's book that I recommend is Three Names of Me.

My mom and I went to see Amazing Grace this afternoon. It's very good. I confess that I didn't know anything about William Wilberforce prior to this movie.

Last week was not pleasant in too many ways. I would have liked to be a recluse. . . . It was so good to have a weekend! The weather was wonderful, my family is too - so it all evens out....

***
Reclusion, Late Summer
by Yao Ho

To this place of retreat,
the world does not follow;
but many old ailments
heal here.

I polish words
of old poems;
view mountains,
and sleep outside my hut.

Colored clouds
cross the setting sun;
cicadas ring
in the leaves of the trees.

With this
my heart again knows happiness;
and who would have thought it,
without wine or money?

(Where The World Does Not Follow: Buddhist China in Picture and Poem. Translated by Mike O'Connor)

4 comments:

dreamer said...

thought I had posted a comment a few days ago but now I notice it's not there.

I noticed you weren't as active blogging, are you doing ok?

comingaroundagain said...

Lisa - Thanks for checking in on me! I'm doing OK - just a lot of changes going on at work that's been occupying my time and mind lately....

CS said...

A little synchronicity that we were both in Carpe Librum. My son was wandering around during the music, too. If you saw a boy with long brown hair reading in the children's section, that was him. I relaly like that poem. It's mindfulness at it's best.

comingaroundagain said...

csl - that's so wild...I did see your son. Carpe Librum is one of my favorite local bookstores.