Pages

5.28.2007

hope times six . . .

I watched a program on Dateline last night after reading the post from the mom, Lisa Salem, on the a-parents-china forum. It was called, From Russia With Love. I had already read the story online and viewed the short video blogs from each of the 6 children (3 sets of twins). What an incredible story of hope!

The best parts: when Joe got up and hugged his brothers in the orphanage and began to cry . . . and then, when Sergei spoke up to the judge to say that, “I wanna be with my brothers and sisters. And he said that he wanted this mommy and daddy.” Aaaaggghhh! How much better can a story get?

***
I've been reading a lot about attachment, sensory integration and developmental delays specific to institutionalized / babies in orphanages. I feel fairly confident in addressing potential/probable developmental and sensory integration delays (not trying to jinx myself here though). I've had some experience with these areas at work so that has helped me.

2 comments:

CS said...

3 sets of twins, wow. Twins should never be separated.

comingaroundagain said...

cs - this is one of the coolest stories I've ever heard, in spite of the sadness there is also tremendous hope.