Pages

7.25.2007

passing time

Photos from another road trip. This one with Ed's 2 aunts and uncle. Aunt Betty and Aunt Barbara visited 2 of their friends from years ago (long before we were even born). . . . Friends that have lived in many other places throughout life, sometimes in close proximity and sometimes many miles away - but always friends. . . . Aunt Barbara will return to Puerto Rico next week.




















































Their friends live near the boarding academy that Ed attended in highschool. . . . He took a photo of the dormitory he lived in while there.

I've been enjoying the summer weather and visiting with relatives and friends. I 'discovered' a farmer's market on my route to and from work that I like (only open Tuesday and Friday afternoons but I enjoy the food and seeing / talking with some of the farmers). I found the farmer with the best watermelons (a favorite food!).








Monday night a group of us met at the airport to greet 2 families from the Republic of Burundia that were chosen to relocate in America and our area specifically. We didn't get the message that their plane was delayed. . . so some stayed anyway, some of us went home - and some left and went back for the rescheduled arrival. My mom stayed. Many others arrived at the new arrival time. I have yet to meet the 2 families (a family of 8 and a family of 2 brothers). What a life changing move for them - full of potential and hope - even if the challenges will be great.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely pics and sounds like you have been staying busy...

Amy

C's Mom said...

Beautiful roses!

CS said...

Beautiful photos. I hope it goes well for those families.

comingaroundagain said...

amy - it's a beautiful area for sure!

c.j. - I love roses. . . .

cs - thanks. The families! This is so much fun! I was feeling overwhelmed with all they have to learn / do . . . but after meeting them, I think they are going to do fine!