Pages

5.30.2008

the lucky ones

No June referral for us (Okay! I know it was very optimistic of me - but it kept me going)! So I am taking this time to read some books (among other stuff)! I just bought a new book (recently published!!), The Lucky Ones: Our Stories of Adopting Children From China (as in, the parents being the lucky ones!). I can't wait to start it.  However, I just began this one:

addendum: 06.21.08  
I completed both of these books a couple of weeks ago.  Actually, I read 'Falling Leaves" in 2 days. Both are very good!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

these books look great!!!

Heather Plett said...

Sarah - thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I guess we share a common "comfortable sadness". I hope, hope, HOPE (and pray) you get a baby soon. My brother and sister-in-law adopted 2 mixed-race babies, and they've been a delight in our lives.

I will come back when I have a little more time to read up on more of your life.

Kathryn said...

I just realized how close you are to your referral, I stopped looking at LID dates and just look at the blogs without really retaining any dates. I know the rumor is Jan 23 is not in the next batch (maybe it's just a rumor), but it should be in the next batch. How exciting for you!!!!!!!! You really are soooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!

comingaroundagain said...

amy - I think they are / will be. My mom reads everything. She read the second book several months ago and passed it along to me.

heather - Thank-you! I've enjoyed your blog (even though I don't comment often).

kathryn - Hopefully we'll get a referral in July (early rumor!). I do know that Jan. 23 referrals will definitely not be coming this month (word from our agency).

kitchu said...

loooooved falling leaves, I'll have to check out the other :)

comingaroundagain said...

Kris - I am reading Falling Leaves right now. Today I may not have as much time for reading as I would like; but one of the many great things about books is that they can fit beautifully into almost any kind of 'schedule'.

Alyson and Ford said...

You WILL be in the July referrals - aren't you excited?? Baby Showers, shopping, paperwork... Love and Hugs all around!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06 ("On the Bubble")

comingaroundagain said...

alyson - It's very exciting - the thought of meeting this baby girl. . . that's what I think about most.

Ya'll are only 4 days in back of us, so I am really thinking we'll be in China together!!