When we were completing all of her official adoption paperwork last week, we had to sign many papers (all in Chinese / Mandarin). On one of them we had to put our thumbs in red ink and place our thumb print over our signatures (we didn't get a copy of that form). Basically, in some of those forms we were making a vow to never abuse or abandon Lauren and that we would care for her as if she were born to us (as that's how China now legally considers it).

Of all the documents, I love this one. Her little right foot was put in red ink and her footprint placed on the document. Sweet little red foot. . . of this precious daughter of ours.

Her footprint was not just stamped on a piece of paper. . . It is stamped into our hearts so beautifully.
1 comment:
I hope all the girls are feeling better! I love to read the posts! She is sooo sweet!
Post a Comment