. . . of a road trip.
On our way to Texas, we stopped to visit my aunt and uncle in another part of TN. As long as I can remember, they have gardened and canned. . . It's always good to visit them.
Not too far from where my brothers live in TX. I am still quite attracted to the flat lands.
The morning we left for TN. It's a very long road trip to do in one day...
I love the fields and the big sky.
5 comments:
I used to help with canning as a kid - it's hot work!
I think it would be so cool to garden and can. Never have done, either, myself, though.
My husband loves expansive horizons...like those you are treated to in very flat areas.
I have a feeling that if things get as bad as I hear it will, more people will be having gardens in their yards and learning how to can their own foods. Actually not a bad idea. I wonder how the neighbors will feel when we plant a garden in our side yard (we don't have a backyard...)
My great-grandmother and a grandma did this all their lives.
i was JUST going to say I love Texas so much- because of it's BIG SKY.
used to live there. can't wait to get back there with garth, where we met and first fell in love, 22 years ago. we hope to move back one day, at least for awhile.
citizen - I've never done it; but I've eaten what my aunt has. ;-)
Monica - It's so much work (from what I've seen); I would like to try it too. The 'big skies' are so very relaxing to me.
Julie - Ha! That's about like us too. We don't get enough sun except in a little patch right in our front side yard!
Kris - I am from TX. There is a lot I miss about it. I love that you and Garth are making plans like that.
Post a Comment