Pages

6.05.2006

beautiful day

Today was the 3rd time I hiked to the Chimney tops - 12,000 feet above the parking area. It was the first hike I ever did with Ed about 14 years ago (it was a much easier hike then). I did it alone last summer and today, Ed, my brother and one of his sons hiked it with me. The weather
was so perfect for the hike. When I hiked this trail last year, we were in the midst of making a decision about adoption. My brother and cousin, Laurie, talked to me during that vacation time about adoption/children. It was as if I was at a precipice and took the plunge, made a firm decision and acted on it. It's been such an awesome experience so far. My nephew was racing down the mountain and telling others climbing up that it was 'awesome' up there. I like that enthusiasm.




















On the way home, we stopped for ice-cream. My favorite ice-cream of all and the only one I want 99% of the time: Baskin-Robbins Rocky Road!!


***
Trying not to think about the e-mail I received today from our agency that said,
The timeframe is currently about 12 months, but we feel that based on the CCAA’s referral process over the last several months that the referral timeframe will soon lengthen beyond this point.
Not what I like to hear, as it interferes with my current state of mind (denial - which of course I prefer to think of as hopefulness).

No comments: