Pages

6.04.2006

bonhomie

We have lived in this house and neighborhood for about 2 years now. Today, this evening actually, is the day we finally met all our neighbors (in this cul-de-sac). Our neighbors across the street had a grill-out. We were an hour late (and stuffed with food) because we were just returning from an all day outing at my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house, on 'the farm'. I hope I can remember most of their names. It was good to meet them. I thought it was so cool that when we announced that we were in the process of an adoption from China, they were all so excited for us and clapped! Very cool neighbors. One of the teens volunteered to babysit (of course at this point, we can't imagine that we will ever want to go anywhere without our daughter).

***
The visit with family / relatives (ones from around here and my brother and his family from Texas) and friends at 'the farm,' was fun. There was a rain storm on the way up there but then the sun came out again. All of the kids went swimming in spite of cool temperatures (70's - much too cold for me!!) and my husband (who acts like a kid sometimes). I love to see everyone.

***

bonhomie |ˈbänəˌmē; ˌbänəˈmē| noun cheerful friendliness; geniality : he exuded good humor and bonhomie. ORIGIN late 18th cent.: from French, from bonhomme ‘good fellow.’

1 comment:

dreamer said...

I wish I had that kind of original grasp on the english language, I always seem to learn a new word on your blog!