***
I am ignoring the talk of 'the wait' (for referral). It's at 12 months now, which is not bad (better than 14 months!), I guess (I have books). July 23, 2006 will be the 6 month mark for us (from our LID).
Pages
6.23.2006
p.s.
I returned all my library books last week. I was going to do other stuff (besides read). I was going to try to go to bed before midnight (it's not happening - even if I am dead tired; my body revolts and wants to stay up!). I was going to read the books that I own (I definitely will get to them!). However, I was having such withdrawal symptoms after finishing my last book and not having a similar book to be reading that I stayed up too late reserving far too many books from the library again!! Two were ready to be picked up today - so I have them right now! Oh happy day!
2 comments:
6 months past the LID already!!! Celebrate Sarah! That's fantastic. I will be reading about your journey just as we round the corner on waiting on our referral.
I am thrilled for you!
As for books... one of the best things about this journey we're on is that I've got my passion (though not as great as yours) for reading again. I just couldn't get into reading when going through our fertility battle, that was all consuming and everything in our life went on hold.
I never realized the impact that had until now. I pray our daughters never walk in our shoes, but if they do, we know how to be there for them and how we might be able to help them.
Enjoy your books and don't worry a bit about the wait, it will still be there and in the meantime you have teh hope and reality of the day to come.
lisa
It really is nice to read books just for enjoyment again (instead of to try to help myself or 'find' something when stuck in the fertility treatment world and then later, struggling through a depression from the loss of our baby boy). I just thought about that when I read your comment. . . more reminders of how we have been given joy again, and hope again, by choosing this path - choosing adoption. Thanks for your words.
Paradoxically, I had a talk with my friend that's visiting from China. Many years ago, she felt compelled to place her baby boy for adoption (domestically/USA). She had never told me the story until today. She met him about a year ago. He has a happy life and for what it's worth, been afforded many privileges and oppportunities that he would have been unlikely to have if he had not been adopted. This friend tried to have another baby (many years later and several times) since I have known her but all miscarried. She has had a struggle indeed - as she wondered if perhaps this was her requital for past events (even if she was very young). Life is full of incongruities, is it not?
Post a Comment