Today, I slept late (I missed Dan and Kathy coming to bring Twyla's car here) and I continued to read a very good book that my fieldwork student loaned me. I sat outside and read - the weather is so beautiful today! Then I went to a baby shower for a friend who completed a domestic adoption. This is the first baby shower I've actually attended (I usually just send a gift) in many years! Definitely the first one since Gabriel. It was all OK, in spite of the obligatory games that I have little experience with (but was pleased to see that I was not the only one). There were a few moments that were a bit strange for sure but isn't that how it is at most social gatherings?
I love this painting by Jonathon Green. We saw it first in an art gallery in Charleston, South Carolina several years ago.Twyla will arrive tonight from Afghanistan.
***
“Was life nothing more than a storm that constantly washed away what had been there only a moment before, and left behind something barren and unrecognizable?” Arthur Golden, Memoirs Of A Geisha pg 13
1 comment:
I'm sooooo proud of you for attending a baby shower. I turned down the last too but heck it's only been a few months since Sophia anyway. You did great it sounds like!!!!!
(this is your cheering section)
I loved the painting, that's got beautiful colors and contrast. Amazing.
Post a Comment