Pages

7.02.2006

tomato update and redoes|rēˈdoō|

The tomatoes I planted on Memorial Day are growing beautifully! I have many books to read (from the library and ones I own) - but I haven't been reading them too voraciously. Today we slept late (I love sleeping late at home!) I have been trying to re-learn how to play the piano - at least to my 3rd grade level. I've been hanging out with Ed and visiting with some friends (and spending time on this machine).

I like to write about the stuff going on in my life as long as it's interesting, but otherwise, I'd rather just read. - storypeople




Ed is (I would say 'we' but I'm not of much help here) redoing mom's bathroom. He widened the doorway. He took the huge bathtub out and is replacing it with a step-in shower. It was recommended (by those that know more about this than us) that we not try to tile the shower ourselves - that we just get an insert. So we did. [Redoing is dusty business.]
















redo verb |rēˈdoō| ( redoes |rēˈdəz|; past redid |rēˈdid|; past part. redone |rēˈdən|) [ trans.] do (something) again or differently : a whole day's work has to be redone. • redecorate (a room or building) : the house is being redone exactly to suit his taste.
noun |ˈrēˌdoō| a redecoration of a room or building : a total redo of the second floor shopping concourse.

5 comments:

Mrs Pushy said...

Good luck with the piano~ I am going to be doing the same thing in our new house.

I'm so excited that you are into Brian Andreas because of my blog! Isn't he great!!! Some of them make me laugh, others make me cry. I love them both~

Beth and Shayna said...

Hi,
I thought I would reply on your blog to make sure you got the message. I love the ergo. We used it in China and it was the best. It is so great to promote bonding any way you can, especially in the beginning. Actually, the only reason why we brought a stroller today was because my husband wanted it, I just wanted the ergo. You will love it!

comingaroundagain said...

Carrie,
Yes! thanks for 'introducing' me to Brian Andreas/the storypeople art!
***
Beth,
Thanks so much for answering my question - now I am very happy that I made the 'impulse' buy. I'm ready to use it right now. . .just waiting for that referral and stuff. . . .

dreamer said...

Sarah,

I'm back in town... I have to say I missed reading my favorite blogs and yours is one of them.

We have a piano coming our way, no, we don't play, but it's from my in-laws and we hope Magpie will play one day.

We'll be thinking of you as she pounds on the keys for the very first time.

Catch up with you soon on email... interesting news.

Happy 4th.

comingaroundagain said...

Lisa,
So, getting a piano - that's fun! At the rate I'm going, expected baby girl's piano playing skills could easily surpass mine. ;-) It's all good though; I enjoy doing it (more than I remember when I was very young). I'm looking forward to reading about your move to New England - that sounds so exciting to me. It's so beautiful there in the Fall!