Pages

8.20.2006

a good sunday

This was a great day; not that any one thing I did was spectacular, but altogether it was all good. I slept late (after staying up too late of course) with the fan on (of course - sleeping is never so good without the noise of a fan!). Ate breakfast / lunch, went to 2 stores (one in which I bought 2 different colors of yarn). We had a thunderstorm - which I love; I just wish it would last a few hours instead of a few minutes. I watched Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' with Colin Firth on DVD (the whole thing!) while knitting (it's actually relaxing). Weekends are too short.
Yesterday evening we went to Metcalf Bottoms for 'vespers in the park'. We didn't get home until after 9:30 p.m.
***
My sister crochets very well (I do not) and she brought her yarn and her knitting needles (and crochet needles) to Ormond Beach while we were all there. I used her circular needles to knit a light green cap using her yarn. I didn't have any directions but since hats and scarves are the only thing I know how to knit, I practically have them memorized. The pink cap is so bright - there's no way that anyones head that wears it will not be seen.

3 comments:

Valeri said...

Colin Firth is a wonderful Mr. Darcy!!

comingaroundagain said...

He is absolutely the best! I can watch this movie over and over again.

dreamer said...

You don't give yourself enough credit, your knitting is beautiful!