This evening I went out with several co-workers (I socialized!). Tom said he now believed in miracles (since I was actually going out with them) and would go to mass this weekend (we'll see if he actually does this). I get needled about how 'antisocial' I am because I rarely go out, or often socialize, with my co-workers (who I like very much) outside of work. We went out to help celebrate a milestone for one of our co-workers who just entered the empty-nest-stage (I'm sure not an easy one to enter). I did take my husband along with me - he took this photo...proof that I have gone out with my co-workers (and can be social). Maybe I will evolve into a blazing extrovert who is completely invigorated by socializing; in the meantime, I will be resting up for the next outing.*Notice the books in my chair! Isabella (young girl) brought those for me since she learned that I love children's books. How sweet is that?p
I am a loner, a crazy wide eyed loner on a doomed mission to Venus to battle with the 3 headed mega beast but on the way I caught cornflakes disease. - Fred in 'Drop Dead Fred'
2 comments:
Just wait... in a few months your daughter is going to turn you into a real 'socialite'!
This is all practice for a day to come.
I have heard this sentiment! Perhaps I will pick up a few pointers from my daughter - ha!
Post a Comment