Pages

9.14.2006

bury me in the library

My mom knows that I (very much) like children's books and she is very excited about (hopefully soon) welcoming Lauren. Before my birthday, she ordered several books (in addition to the other ones) and they arrived today. One of the books is: Please Bury Me In the Library, by J. Patrick Lewis and illustrated by Kyle M. Stone.
***
Great, Good, Bad

A great book is a homing device
For navigating paradise

A good book somehow makes you care
About the comfort of a chair

A bad book owes to many trees
A forest of apologies.
- Please Bury Me In the Library, by J. Patrick Lewis
***
One of the 8 books was not a children's book. It is a poetry book, "If I Had Wheels or Love: Collected Poems of Vassar Miller. I met Vassar Miller in Houston, Texas at an Episcopal Church in 1982 and we wrote to each other several times when I moved back to Corpus Christi.

No comments: