Pages

2.24.2007

cny @ utk

We attended the 2007 Chinese New Year Celebration performance at the University of Tennessee Knoxville this evening (2.5 hours).

(MC's Alice Chiang, Matt Hixson and Cindy Fu)

I loved the program - the whole thing. If I had to choose some favorite parts they would include watching the daughters of Families with Children from China perform the 'Happy New Year' chorus, the ETCA violin and piano concerto (wonderful!),the Knoxville Chinese Christian church choir performance was beautiful . . . and Matt Hisxon's (one of the MC's) wife, Hope, sang a Chinese love song.























We were happy to see Kristina there this evening! She said she liked the dancing best of all. Knoxville CNY

3 comments:

kitchu said...

This looks amazing! I live in a small college town, so our celebration is much more low key (fun, but not this extravagant). Glad you guys had a great time!
Kris
thanks for stopping by my blog

Beth and Shayna said...

It looks like you had a great CNY celebration. Happy New Year!

comingaroundagain said...

kris and beth - It was a lot of fun! I'm so glad we went! Last year all the tickets sold out before we got any.