treasures that look like common stuff ~ storypeople
I don't have much that I feel compelled to post / blog about and I know that this may sound fairly pathetic
(especially since I was at the point of hating going to 'the gym'); but I had such an incredible, uhm, 'workout'
(oohh that just sounds so wrong) last night. It wasn't really a 'workout' though - especially if you were the girl in the lane next to me in the pool
(that would be the girl to rely on in a case of any water emergency - she could swim. . . and so, so fast!!). I am a relatively slow swimmer. I prefer to enjoy it - otherwise it's just too hard to get myself to continue
(self-abuse has never been a talent of mine). I was 'supposed' to do my now well-dreaded 'weight' workout but the sun was out and I could not bring myself to stay inside that gym with a bunch of
(mostly) sweaty men sauntering around all those mirrors, machines, mirrors, weights and mirrors
(well used mirrors), etc.. I have never liked lifting any kind of weights and I still don't like it
(well, OK, so I engage in some self-abuse by continuing it 'for my own good'). . . . I did the weight stuff tonight
(who cares, I endured; but that's really not what I wanted to post about!). I enjoyed my swim - yes, lap swimming; but I can enjoy swimmming laps
(all 30) - outside, even in the setting sun, even if it's a little cold . . . all the way to darkness. And when I left, I saw the most incredible moonrise I've seen in quite awhile. Loved it.
. . . Above the shadowed trees I saw
the Queen of Night set out her store
and all her silvered jewels were there
casting their light upon the air.
~ Lokutus Prime
2 comments:
I am a complete moon freak. I love it in every stage - from full to the merest hint of a sliver.
cs - you have some great photos of the moon, I've seen.
'Sun heats earth; moon moves oceans.' Maybe I'm sensitive to it's gravitational pull ;-)
I love oceans - all/any of them - too.
Post a Comment