Pages

7.09.2007

a study





branches of a family tree




We still have relatives visiting. I am enjoying a change of pace and seeing them all. I had some time to talk to my older brother about various events or experiences we had when we were growing up. It's wild to find how each of us remember different pieces of the same event.

One of my patients gave me a music CD of Patty Griffin and these words caught my attention:

I've had some time to think about it
And watch the sun set like a stone
I've had some time to think about you
On the long ride home

One day I took your tiny hand
Put your finger in the wedding band
Your father gave us a piece of land
Made ourselves the best of plans

Forty years go by with

Someone laying in your bed
Forty years of things you say
You wish you never said

How hard would it have been
To say some kinder words instead
I wonder as stare up at the sky turning red
. . . how hard would it have been to say some kinder words instead. . . good words to remember while you can.


I went to the pool to swim laps this evening (with four of my nephews and mom). 50 laps - most of them indoors but then finished up in the outdoor pool as dusk set in and the rain clouds were blowing over.

I love swimming.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely words

C's Mom said...

That touched me.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful song lyrics! It definitely gets you thinking!

kitchu said...

Those are great lyrics, thanks for sharing them with us.

CS said...

Words to live by. Not that I always do, but I try.

comingaroundagain said...

amy - I've enjoyed her music so far.

c.j. - She has some very good songs.

wendy - It has for me.

kris - Patty Griffin will be performing locally soon - I just started listening to her music.

cs - It can be too easy to say sharp words when I get frustrated.