During the interim between submitting our visa applications and awaiting travel approval life is moving on. . . . Although I haven't mentioned it on this blog, the shooting at a local church (very near my own church) this past Sunday has been quite devastating in all kinds of ways. . . .
Then, yesterday evening as I left work, I came across an injured (I'm hoping it was just stunned?) bird in the parking garage. Eventually I was able to place it under a bush outside but could not stop thinking of the little bird and hoping it would be safe.*
I was on my way to meet with other mothers in the process of adoptions from China as well as domestic (and ones that have completed them already). It was a large group and really good to see everyone (and many of the babies) even if a few moms / babies were not able to make it this time.

When I got home, there was a large box waiting for me from my sister-in-law, Krissy (mother of 3). She and my 6 year old niece, Sarah, recently went shopping in anticipation of baby Lauren! The box was filled with things for Lauren! I could tell right away that my niece helped in choosing (she has her momma's talent with shopping already). So sweet!
Part of the wish that was sent for Lauren's quilt (from her aunt and uncle and family):
". . . May you always feel love knowing you are the greatest blessing our family could receive. I write this wish from a mother's heart, knowing all our family members feel the same."
look for the bright spots midst the dark. . . .
*I checked for the little bird this morning but it was not there. I'd like to think that it was able to fly again - or some such good news.
3 comments:
So many things going on; with all the excitement, emotions and busy paperwork, the "normal" life is no where to be found!
We are so excited for you!
Take care! (and sane!!).
Thanks for taking time to visit our blog!!
Alyson LID 01/27/06
Of course you can't know for sure if the bird flew off, but you can know that you did something to gie it a chance. That's what's important. And it is a metaphor for the other things you are talking about.
alyson - You are right. . . sleep doesn't come as easily right now either. ;-)
citizen - Now I keep noticing this bush though the little bird is gone. I felt a bit desperate when I found the bird initially. I remember feeling it's heart beating in my hands (so frightened). A rough week for things like this to happen.
Post a Comment