Pages

7.31.2008

visa's arrived!

Our Chinese Visa's arrived today!


The Process: From what I understand, our Visas were issued by the Chinese Government (customs?) and are the stamps in the passport that allow us into/out of China. Our travel approval (TA's) comes from the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs - the  centralized government agency that handles ALL adoptions in all of China). Travel approval gives us permission to enter China to get our baby. Our consulate appointment is to get our baby's Visa to get her out of  China/into the U.S. Once the Consulate appointment is scheduled the dates of travel can be set accordingly. 

Once we receive our TA, things really move fast.  I thought possibly we would hear today that we'd received approval to travel (TA). . . but not so.  Maybe tomorrow?  Maybe next week? 


In the meantime, we are anxiously waiting to meet this little girl and get to know her and bring her home. . . .
Part of this whole experience that I never could have anticipated is the community (sisterhood? but can't leave out dads!) it fosters. Another mommy of a daughter from China sent over the little 'chosen' bear and tiny blanket for baby Lauren (so sweet!). The red thread pendant on our passports was just passed on to me today from the last mommy who arrived home from China with her daughter.  This pendant has been to China twice now, and will go a 3rd time with me. . .then passed to the next one. . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting to be on stand-by, waiting for the travel approvals.

kitchu said...

yay to the visas... hope you see TA SOON!!

dreamer said...

Hi there! Still folloiwng along, I have something to send you but can't find your address in my old emails. If you hit reply to this I think you'll send me an email at my private account then we can trade addresses again!

comingaroundagain said...

citizen - SOooo exciting!!

kris - Yes!! YAY! Maybe we'll hear soon....

dreamer - I've been wondering how you are! I figured you were on a world tour or something ;-)