
Last week I went to a local bookstore and bought a few more books (OK, her mom is a bit obsessed with children's books anyway. . .so it's very cool that she likes them so much!) for our sweetest Valentine. I found these at a bookstore that has a perpetual 'book sale' going on - so the books are not very expensive but I found several that I really liked. One about the 'Dragon Dance' like the one she saw for the first time at the Chinese New Year performance recently, is so fun.
Last evening we went to an Asian grocery store and while we were shopping we met a young Chinese family with 2 young children (a boy, 5 and a girl who is 1 - both so sweet). They are from a province next to Hunan in China. The mom gave me some advice that I did take about making a 'rice soup' for Lauren Jin Lin. I was so surprised that Lauren ate it. I wish we hadn't given her a bottle first though - as she ate so much of it that everything in her stomach came back up . . . soup and all. Yum.
1 comment:
I love children's picture books - I hated to leave behind that stage.
(Ha! Word verification is "snopturd"!)
Post a Comment