Pages

6.15.2006

a book

Things have been busy this summer - and will continue for to be so until Fall probably. This is a good thing in that I won't get too freaked out about "the wait" for a referral (because that would be an easy thing to do). I returned all my library books after renewing them the maximum number allowed since I still wasn't getting them all read. I have several books, that I own, that I want to read but keep 'saving' them until I finish this or that library book, or a loaned book, or until just the right time (?), etc. . A friend insisted that I would really like this book, 'The Canterbury Papers". I've been reluctant as I have not been in the 'mood' for this kind of book (I've been obsessed with China related books). I tried to return it to her so she wouldn't think I was one of 'those people' (the ones that borrow your books and then you never see it again or they keep 'forgetting' to bring it). She insisted that it was fine to take my time. So I have. Last night I thought I would try to return it to her again. It was late and I really needed to go to bed; but instead, I thought - 'just read it why don't you!' (good grief!). So I started it. . . and so far, I do like it. . . so I'm glad she insisted (I hope I feel the same when I finish it though).

No comments: