We are almost finished with updating our adoption paperwork. Our homestudy has been updated. We are now awaiting our renewed I-171H form
(with the new 2007 date of completion). I will be
(more than) very disappointed if the wait lengthens to the point that we have to update everything a third time. . . .
7 comments:
No, no, no to a third time!
I hear you we have to redo our Homestudy now because it has been two years!
Good grief - my former S-I-L is going through this with a second adoption, it just seems so needless. By the way, I've been meaning to ask about your profile - what does LID stand for?
c.j. - that's my hope too! Maybe things will speed up :-) (?) . . . soon. . . .
samantha - you will be getting your referral any day now!!! I'm watching - it's so exciting! At least I know others are (finally) getting there.
cs - LID=(Dossier) Log-in-date at the China Center for Adoption Affairs (CCAA). It is from this date that our 'official wait' begins for referral ('matching') of a baby. The CCAA matches each family/dossier with a baby's/childs' 'dossier' from orphanages all over China (the relative few that participate in international adoptions). The adopting parents will travel to China 4-8 weeks after their referral is received. We kind of know who will be next in line to receive their referrals from China based on their LID's. Right now the CCAA is still finishing up referrals for October 2005. So, we still have awhile longer to get to January 23, 2006. . . .
I really hope it comes any day now! I am terrified they will only match one day this month! I'd survive but it wouldn't be easy!
Thanks for explaining that.
samantha - no that wouldn't be easy! You are so close - it is going to happen so very soon. EXCITING!
cs - you are welcome!
Post a Comment