Pages

10.25.2008

one month

. . . ago today, she came home!



i carry your heart with me

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

~ e.e. cummings

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the long ordeal of waiting starting to fade now that you have her?

Julie said...

I am willing to bet it dissipated the moment she was placed in her arms.

I know it will for me.

Merisi said...

Beautiful poem! I love e.e.cummings.

Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I am so happy for you that you are now home safely with your little one. I wish you all much happiness!

Elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS
and all best wishes to you and your gorgeous daughter.
So glad you have found one another.

Ellen said...

Congrats on your adoption! Here is the link to the chili!

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Frecipes.sparkpeople.com%2Frecipe-detail.asp%3Frecipe%3D410737&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH7r1wZ6w7IneIs0ZroQnBis7QrSA

comingaroundagain said...

citizen - Yes. Not to sound insensitive to others, but fortunately, keeping busy with my friends from Africa (especially) really made the waiting quite tolerable. However, it definitely felt 'about time' when we were united with her!

Julie - It definitely made the waiting all very, very much 'worth it'. She is 'perfect' for us!

merisi - Thank-you. I so enjoy your photographs!

Elizabeth - Thank-you, it's an extraordinary experience. . .how we were matched with this precious girl.

It was great to see your blogs (wow!)!

Ellen - I am going to try that recipe, thank-you!!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!! i love that cutie pie smile!! it's shear bliss!!

PunditMom said...

Our Hunan girls are beautiful, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by my place ... E-mail me and we can swap Hunan stories!

Merisi said...

Is it silly of me to ask if you have a Halloween costum for your little one? (As a mother, I miss that time when my kids had to wear anything I wanted them to! *giggle*)

comingaroundagain said...

Shazia - Thank-you! (Zaina's is too! I'm keeping her in prayer).

punditmom - I love finding other Hunan parents / kids now!

merisis - Actually, we do (it was given to her - but we haven't tried it yet. . .). I'll post a photo.

Tracy said...

Thanks for coming to our blog! I love seeing other Chenzhou babies. It is such a good oprhanage and the babies from there always seem so happy and well-adjusted. Plus I always just think it is so cool to find other Chenzhou kids. Your daughter is sooooooo sweet and cute! Congratulations again!

Tracy
Another Mama to a Spicy Hunan Girl from Chenzhou :)

comingaroundagain said...

tracy - Thank-you (and to you on your one year anniversary with your daughter).

I know all children are so precious. . . but Chenzhou babies are very close to my heart now! It really is cool to find others (so was glad to happen upon your blog)!